Thursday, January 31, 2008

The best soup in the whole wide world.

First, I'll let you in on a little secret: The Post Punk Kitchen. It's a Website I came across for this vegan public access show out of Brooklyn. They have cookbooks and a great Website full of recipes. So, I won't begin to even attempt to take credit for any recipes I post from their site.


They have recipes sorted by main ingredient or course/dish, so it's easy to find something you like. My boyfriend loves sweet potatoes. So I went there first. Among the sweet potato recipes was "Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup." What it should have read was "The Best Soup in the Whole Wide World."


We can't get enough of it. I've tried variations -- I added peas once, etc. -- but it needs no altering. Do exactly as it says -- right down to the sesame oil and cilantro finishing touches. It includes ginger and garlic and coconut milk and red chili paste. It's so delicious. You won't be sorry.

Oh, and though it has "spicy" in the title, I don't think it is at all. You could probably add more red chili paste to heat it up a bit.


You can find the site here: The Post Punk Kitchen

If you are vegetarian or vegan, you must check out this site. It hasn't let me down yet.


OK, and here's the recipe for The Best Soup in the Whole Wide World


Give it a shot! You won't be sorry.

No comments: