Thursday, March 6, 2008

A cheese(like) sensation

I've already mentioned my love for all things taco- and nacho-like. And there's no question these things are deliciously accompanied by cheese. While I'm not vegan, I've found I feel better, lighter, less sludge-like by eating less and less dairy. Because of this, I've turned to more and more soy products.

Veggie Shreds and Tofutti are fine, but I found one cheese I like better. I can't find a picture of it, but it's called Soy-Sations and I've only ever found it at Trader Joe's. I don't know if this means it's a Trader Joe's product or if it just hasn't yet hit the major retailers, but it looks, tastes and even melts like real cheese. This is important to me, especially in the nacho department. Who can eat nachos with big ol' pieces of cheese just sitting there?

And don't get me wrong, I was as skeptical of soy cheese as the next guy, but this stuff actually tastes so good I can grab a pinch of it and eat it. Yes, it's that good. I can't find a picture of it to show you, but look for it at Trader Joe's, in the purple bag. You won't be sorry!

No comments: