Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New favorite dressing!


Here is a new dressing I've fallen in love with! It's supposed to be good on cooked veggies (warm or cooled) and I've had 3 salads in the last 24 hours with it.

Below are the amounts for a single serving (or for 1-2 lbs. cooked veggies) and if you want some to keep in the refrigerator for multiple uses (those amounts in parentheses).

I'll have to test out some variations, but I would guess this would be really good with some lemon in it, garlic (maybe even whole cloves for flavor), or even a little honey. Seems like it would be a really good mayo alternative for some potato salad and would probably be really good with some fresh herbs.

Enjoy!

2 T. (1/2 c.) olive oil

1T (1/4 c.) white wine vinegar

1 tsp. (4 tsp.) Dijon mustard

dash or two each (1/2 tsp. each) salt and pepper

1 comment:

Janet A. said...

I got out my pen and paper, prepared for a long list of ingredients and instructions....I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to try this dressing. I am also going to make the gnocchi dish - it sounds (and looks) delicious! I may have to subscribe to that magazine because we LOVE veggie meals (although not necessarily Vegan). Thanks Kirsten!!!